What is an ISP Proxy Server?
Whether you’re looking to scrape data from websites or want to test your website or simply add an extra layer of security to your business, every online business needs a well-functioning ISP Proxy Server.
ISP Proxy Servers come with a host of benefits: they help in website testing, ad verification, maintenance checks and gather data without being blacklisted.
While there are a ton of options for ISP Proxy Servers, the trick is to choose one that properly caters to your needs.From Bright Data to Oxylabs and Webshare, we’ve made a list of the 12 best ISP Proxy Services in 2023.
|List of 12 Best ISP proxy services in 2023|
Before we get to the 12 options in detail, let’s look at the purposes of proxy services.
Why do you need an ISP Proxy Server?
ISP proxy servers have a multitude of benefits, for both individuals and organizations. Let’s break it down:
Why you would need an IP proxy as an individual:
- Private browsing: ISP proxy servers hide the user’s IP address, thereby providing a layer of security and anonymity. This rarely helps websites from tracking user’s online activities and also reduces the scope of targeted ads.
- Added layer of security: ISP proxy servers help in improving security and reducing the risk of malware or cyber-attacks. They block out hackers from being able to access your IP address, which is particularly important when using shared connections or public Wi-Fi.
- Access to restricted content: ISP proxy servers are located all across the world and hence using one will let you access content that may be restricted in your country. If there’s a particular book you want to read or a video that is geographically-restricted in your country, you can access the same via a proxy server.
Why you would need an IP proxy as a business:
- Web data extraction: Businesses need to gather data from the length and breadth of the internet for various purposes – from price monitoring to competitor analysis or lead generation. And the risk of large-scale web scraping is that you could run into IP blocks and CAPTCHAs and get blacklisted. However, IP proxies solve that issue as they mimic a regular user’s browsing behaviour and help bypass CAPTCHAs and blockers with ease.
- Ad verification and quality checks: Digital businesses need to ensure that their advertisements are correctly reaching their target audiences. This is where IP proxies come in handy as they show how the ad would appear in different geographical locations and also helps measure the ad’s placement and size. IP proxies also help in running quality checks and in ensuring your ads remain free of click fraud. Bright Data’s proxy servers are best suited for this.
- Website testing: Another reason why businesses need an IP proxy is that it helps test their websites and make sure that everything is in the right place. Using an IP proxy would let a business see what the site would look like to visitors across the world and also help in maintaining the website’s functionality. Regular testing ensures the website looks the way you wanted it to and also helps prevent the chances of errors, broken links, and the like.
- Data Security: IP proxies help in conducting real-time tests to identify any possible malware and accordingly deal with them. IP proxies also act as a shield against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks and other cyber threats. They aid in identifying and restricting IPs that have a high chance of being fraudulent and offer extra security to your data.
- Prevent distractions: Schools and organizations can use ISP proxy servers to block out certain websites which may distract students or employees. Proxy servers are typically used to block social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube in schools and workplaces to prevent distractions.
What are the 12 Best ISP proxy services in 2023?
Now that we know what an ISP proxy server does and how useful it is, you’re probably wondering what the best ISP proxy servers are. Fret not, we got you covered. Here are the 12 Best ISP proxy services in 2023:
Bright Data is home to one of the industry’s most powerful and advanced proxy services. With an astounding network uptime of 99.99% and a similar success rate, Bright Data can help you bypass any location restriction with proxies from every country in the world. It offers high-quality proxies from 195 countries and has a massive proxy pool of over 700,000 fully-compliant static residential (ISP) proxies.
Bright Data’s proxies have the broadest geographic coverage, fastest response time in the industry and are used by a slew of Fortune 500 companies. With Bright Data, you’re in good hands – that’s for sure.
They offer four different services – Residential Proxies, Data Center Proxies, ISP Proxy, and Mobile Proxy networks, along with Super Proxy Servers, to cater to your every need.
While it may be a little complicated to configure for beginners, Bright Data is offering a free one-week trial for those who want to test out their proxy services. Click here for a free trial!
- Processes over 170,000 requests per second
- 650TB of public data collected every day
- The fastest and most reliable proxy server in the market
- Can be difficult to use for beginners
Oxylabs is known for its incredible pool of 100 million+ residential proxies, which are backed by its patented technology. They offer proxies in every single country and city in the world and also come with custom-built Scraper APIs that make your job a lot easier.
With an impressive response time of 0.6 seconds, Oxylabs also lets you target proxies based on their ASN (autonomous system number).
Oxylabs offers Residential Proxies, Mobile Proxies as well as Rotating ISP Proxies. What sets Oxylabs apart is its next-gen residential proxy, which uses machine learning and AI to accurately mimic a regular user’s browsing behaviour and get past captchas and blocks. This ensures smooth data gathering and also prevents IP blocking.
What’s more, signing up for Oxylabs proxy services also gives users access to free proxy management tools, insurance and dedicated account managers.
- Simple to use
- Very fast and has a large proxy pool
- Pricing is steep
Smartproxy is powered by a whopping 50 million+ proxies from across over 195, making it a fantastic tool to bypass CAPTCHAs, geo-blocks, and IP bans with finesse.
It helps you scale your business by not only scraping multiple targets simultaneously, but also maintaining multiple social media and eCommerce accounts at the same time, in one power-packed platform. Their quick rotation policy ensures the proxies don’t get blacklisted and the dedicated data center ensures your proxies are unique. Plus, there are no limitations on connections.
Smartproxy boasts a collection of ready-to-use scraping APIs that can make data collection a breeze and also offer a 100% success rate. They have extensions on Chrome and Firefox and also support mobile IPs.
Their biggest selling point is the fact that they offer flexible pricing options, which makes it suitable for everyone.
- Flexible pricing
- Browser extensions
NetNut is one of the largest players in the market: they have 52 million + auto-rotating residential proxies, 1 million+ static residential proxies, 250,000+ mobile proxies and lightning-fast datacenter proxies.
They promise zero IP blocks and CAPTCHA trouble and offer dedicated support via an account manager. NetNut allows you to keep sessions functional for as long as you want to and also facilitates the auto-rotation of proxies to ensure a seamless experience.
NetNut’s unique hybrid network of direct ISP IPs and dynamic residential proxy network is a game-changer. The company claims their residential IPs are connected to real residential addresses, which thereby become impossible to ban.
Their one-hop connectivity feature assures you of super-fast speeds and can be easily integrated into any browser. NetNut’s proxies have a wide range of uses, varying from price comparison to ad verification, SEO monitoring and social media management.
- No IP blocks
- Auto-rotating proxies elevate the user experience
- Set-up can be complicated
- Slightly costly compared to its competitors
Webshare is best known for the top-level security and protection it offers. The user’s proxy activity remains private throughout and is never shared with third parties. They offer real-time protection as the Webshare proxy constantly identifies and stops websites from detecting the user’s identity in real time.
They take the security quotient a notch up by also offering protection from detection techniques such as TCP fingerprint proxy, Header leaks and DNS leaks.
Webshare supports both HTTP and SOCKS5 proxy endpoints and features an aggregate network of 100Gbps. They have a first-rate uptime of 99.97% and all the proxy servers are enabled to handle rapid traffic from all around.
What makes Webshare a great platform is that it is fully customizable: if you’re not sure how to get started, you can start small and scale up as you progress. This makes it the ideal service for beginners and experts alike.
The only major drawback here is that Webshare is only available in roughly 40 countries, which is much lesser than their competitors.
- Sublime levels of security
- Fully customizable
- Not as many proxy locations
Rampage Retail is a little different from the other proxy providers mentioned above – they are proxy resellers and not providers.
Their role is to buy proxies from larger providers such as Bright Data and Oxylabs and then resell the same to customers for a monthly subscription fee of £20. This helps the customer gain access to too-quality proxies from some of the biggest companies in the market at a fraction of the cost.
Rampage Retail also has a Chrome extension for seamless integration and their dashboard is very simple to use. The best part about Rampage Retail, other than the fact that they offer high-quality proxies at dirt-cheap prices, is that you can avail a free 30-day trial before actually signing up to their platform.
- Free 30-day trial
- Very cost-effective
- Only one pricing option
IPRoyal has a collection of over 8 million proxies across the globe and claims all their proxies are “100% ethically sourced.” They offer rotating residential proxies all over the world, thereby ensuring you can collect accurate data regardless of where you live. Plus, they promise full anonymity and do not maintain any logs of user activity.
They are also one of the few ISP proxy server providers who accept payments in over 70 cryptocurrencies to ensure users’ transactions are untraceable and thereby further promotes anonymity.
IPRoyal offers five types of proxy services: Residential Proxies, Static Residential Proxies, Datacentrer Proxies, Sneaker Proxies and Mobile Proxies.
The platform is great for folks just starting out as IPRoyal’s intuitive dashboard is easy to use and allows the easy integration of scrapers, browsers and bots with little fuss.
IPRoyal’s biggest USP is its affordable pricing options, which are among the lowest in the industry. They also offer free proxies, but these are slower and not as secure. Another major plus point is that they offer round-the-clock support for every hour of every day of the year.
- Strong support team
- Easy to use
TheSocialProxy is a new-age proxy server: they offer top-quality 5G and 4G Mobile private proxies. They offer an unlimited connection, which means there’s no limit on the amount of traffic on your mobile proxy, thereby giving you the freedom to manage multiple accounts at the same time.
These proxies are mainly made for social media management – they let you create, manage and automate numerous accounts and also help you get past geo-blocks and CAPCHAs. TheSocialProxy’s mobile proxies are compatible with Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and all other major social media platforms.
TheSocialProxy offers excellent proxy speeds as they use their own 4G and 5G LTE devices to route requests and do not depend on third-party P2P networks. This helps them maintain complete control over the speed of the connection and its security.
TheSocialProxy offers a free trial, but also has a “money-back” feature whereby you can claim a refund within three days if you’re not satisfied with their proxies.
- High-quality mobile proxies
- Perfect for social media management
- Not widely available across the world
Astroproxy is one of the most user-friendly proxy services out there. You can control all your proxy settings on a single panel and it can be used on any OS and software.
They provide a vast network of residential, datacenter, mobile IPs and regular ISPs and have an uptime of 99.99%. The network supports SOCK(S) and HTTP(S) and has 100% compatibility. They offer proxies at affordable rates and are perfect for web data scraping.
AstroProxy is particularly useful for geo-targeting as it groups IPs by country, city and ISP and also rotates the IPs at regular intervals. A unique feature about this ISP proxy service provider is that they only charge for the amount of traffic used and hence also work out to be easier on the pocket.
Another advantage of AstroProxy is that all the proxies are built on their own servers and that in turn ensures proxies are always available and secure and that the connection is of the best quality.
- Single panel set-up makes it very easy to use
- Great tool for geo-targeting purposes
- Limited coverage areas
SOAX possesses an enormous pool of over 8.5 million proxies that can be used to cater to each of your needs. SOAX only offers residential proxies and mobile proxies, which are made to collect data at quick-speed.
They promise to provide valid addresses that do not get banned or blacklisted or run into trouble with IP blocks and CAPTCHAs.
SOAX takes great pride in the fact that they only deal with ethical proxies. The company is a part of the World Ethical Data Forum and uses only ethical proxies and 100% whitelisted IPs.
They offer 24/7 live support and have a mind-blowing average response time of 1 second. SOAX allows unlimited requests, offers worldwide coverage and has a network uptime of 99.9%.
SOAX’s proxies are commonly used for brand protection, data collection, price comparison and to monitor consumer trends.
- Can avail multiple 3-day trials for $1.99
- Unlimited requests and only 100% whitelisted IPs
- Only offers monthly plans
Packetstream is unlike any of the platforms we have looked at so far. It is a first-of-its kind-peer-to-peer proxy network, where internet users around the world can sell their unused bandwidth to Packetstream.
Packetstream now makes this available to their consumer, who get access to real residential IPs that allow them to scrape the internet and collect data, among other uses, without needing to worry about IP blocks or being blacklisted.
In turn, the internet users, also known as ‘Packeters’ are compensated for the bandwidth they share and all the parties involved benefit from this arrangement.
Packestream can be used for personal use such as accessing geographically-restricted content or just private browsing, while it can also be for commercial purposes such as web scraping, ad verification and brand protection.
- Fascinating new concept
- Could work out to be cheaper in the long run
- No free trial
- No city and state level targeting
Rayobyte stands out from their competition with one small, but very useful feature: unlimited bandwidth. Users are charged for every proxy they purchase and can use as much bandwidth as they need.
And taking into account that most users need help with web scraping, Rayobyte have themselves launched a Scraping Robot, which offers custom scraping solutions for all their users. The Scraping Robot has no fixed pricing (the costs depend on your requirements) and provides a structured JSON output when done.
This comes as a big boost as it reduces the need to dedicate a person for scraping purposes and also takes away the issues of IP blocks and CAPTCHAs.
Rayobyte offers proxies from 26 countries and has a pool of 300,000+ IPs. What sets them apart is that they have 20,000 C-class subnets, which ensure you get a wide mixture of addresses and reduce your chances of getting blacklisted.
- Ethically-sourced residential IPs
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Small proxy pool
Takeaways on the best ISP Proxy Servers in 2023
As we’ve seen above, ISP Proxy Servers are super beneficial for both personal use and commercial use. Proxy Servers can be used by individuals for private browsing or accessing geographically-restricted content, while organizations use them for data scraping, price monitoring, social media management and brand protection.
Some of the major advantages of proxy servers such as Bright Data are that they offer an additional level of security, prevent the risk of malware and cyber-attacks, promote faster browsing and help in bypassing IP blocks and CAPTCHAs.
Whether it’s Bright Data or Webshare, there are a plethora of the best ISP Proxy Servers in 2023 for you to choose from. Choose one based on your requirements and budget to get started!
Psst, if you want to check out what a high-quality proxy server works like, Bright Data is offering a one-week trial. Click here for a FREE trial!